Understanding the application process
It is our goal to provide you with information that helps in your job search.
Options Counseling and Family Services uses a web-based electronic application system to receive applications and materials from our job seekers. If you have applied for a job with us before, then you already have an account with our system and any information previously entered will be automatically populated. After clicking “Apply Now” on the job you’d like to apply for, log in with your email address and zip code. If this is your first time applying with us, you will follow the same steps.
How competitive will you be for the job?
– Minimum qualifications – Do you meet the minimum qualifications statement? Yes or no.
– Look at requested skills – Do you have experience or education in the areas we are looking for?
What to include as education
– Include information about any college and/or advanced degrees you completed.
– Include any quarter/semester credit hours earned if you have not completed a degree, if you are using education to qualify for a position.
What to include in employment history
– Fully describe your paid or unpaid job duties that pertain to the position you’re applying for
– Work experience is based on permanent employment
– You may receive partial credit for any relevant experience that were worked as a volunteer and/or unpaid intern
What to include as transferable skills
– Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including military), or life experience that are relevant for the position.
– Describe any relevant transferable skills and clearly explain how they apply to the position.
– Take your time in developing narrative responses. Make sure your responses to the questions are consistent and supported by your other application materials. The hiring manager uses this information to determine who to invite for an interview.
– Talk about accomplishments, not just tasks, and use quantitative information when possible. For example, if the job is for a supervisor position, someone might put on the application: “Oversaw and supervised employees.” A much stronger explanation is: “Provided individual and group supervision to Master’s level mental health therapists, primarily therapists serving child and adult clients on the Oregon Health Plan. Oversaw and supported administrative procedures and paperwork requirements to ensure compliance with quality improvement policies and contract requirements.”
– You have one chance to make a good first impression, so help yourself by ensuring you do not have typos, grammar, spelling, punctuation, or other errors in your materials.
– Apply early. Most positions are only open until filled.
– You will receive emails from Human Resources throughout the application process. If you ever have a question about your current application status please contact us at email@example.com.
Options Counseling and Family Services is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources for assistance at 541-687-6983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.