Board of Directors
- Debra Depew
- Sonya Gabor
- Kathleen Rodriguez-Perez
Seeking Members for Options’ Board of Directors
One Regular Member and One Youth Member (Non-Employees)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTATIONS
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Options Counseling and Family Services, to support its mission and needs. The Youth member will provide a youth perspective, and should be between 15 and 23 years old.
- · Organizational leadership and advisement
- · Organization of the board of directors and its officers
- · Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- · Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- · Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- · Personnel evaluation and staff development
- · Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- · Promotion of the agency
- · Outreach
Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Options. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two years, which may be renewed, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- · The board of directors meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month, 6:00 p.m., at the Options office in Eugene: 1255 Pearl Street, Ste. 102; Eugene, OR 97401.
- · Meetings typically last 60 minutes.
- · Board members may be asked to attend one special event per year, when they occur.
Expectations of board members:
- · Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis.
- · Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Options’ mission, objectives, and programs.
- · Help communicate and promote mission and programs to the community.
- · Become familiar with finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- · Understand the policies and procedures.
If you are interested, or if you have any questions, please contact